SCOTT LAKE PLATS
THURSTON COUNTY, WASHINGTON
These protective covenant made by the Scott Lake Maintenance Co., Inc. for the sound development of the property, maintenance of value, control of structures thereon, all for the benefit and welfare of the persons residing therein.
AREA OF APPLICATION
Scott Lake Division I, Recorded Vol. 14, P. 14
Scott Lake Division II, Recorded Vol. 14, P. 28
Scott Lake Division III, Recorded Vol. 14, P. 44
Scott Lake Division IV, Recorded Vol. 14, P. 75
Scott Lake Division V, Recorded Vol. 14, P. 109
Scott Lake Division VI, Recorded Vol. 15, P. 83
Scott Lake Division VII, Recorded Vol. 16, P. 89
- Floor and elevation plans of all structures must be submitted to the Architectural Committee for their approval before construction is started.
- No structure of a temporary character, trailer, basement, tent, shack, garage, barn, or any other outbuilding shall be used on any lot at any time as a permanent residence.
- Floor plan must be drawn to scale in a standard architectural manner, but not necessarily by an architect.
- Elevation plan must be drawn to scale, not necessarily the same scale as the floor plan.
- Storage buildings, additions, or external remodeling shall be considered as a building.
- Structures must be completed and painted externally within six (6) months from the starting date.
- Allowed in Division I, II, and III only.
- Will meet minimum size requirements.
- Must be connected to a county approved septic system prior to occupancy.
- Must be skirted and painted within ninety (90) days
TRAVEL TRAILERS, MOTOR HOMES AND CAMPERS
- Units left on lots and occupied periodically, shall abide by rules 1 and 3, pertaining to mobile homes.
- Self-contained units need not abide by rule 3 or the mobile homes.
- Not allowed in any area, unless you have sanitation system approved by the county.
MINIMUM SQUARE FOOTAGE OF LIVING AREA
|Divisions I, II, & III||480 sq. ft.|
|Division IV & V||480 sq. ft., lots not bordering the golf course|
|1200 sq. ft., lots bordering the golf course|
|Division VI||900 sq. ft., lots not bordering the golf course|
|1200 sq. ft., lots bordering the golf course|
|Division VII||900 sq. ft., ground floor area|
- Single family residence only
- Commercial lots
- Lots 8, 9, and 10, Block 7; Lots 12, 12A, 13, and 14, Block 2 all Division II, only
- No structures or buildings will be permitted without approval of the Board of Directors of Scott Lake Maintenance Company.
- Application to the Scott Lake Architectural Committee must be made for consideration of building plans by the Board of Directors
- Scott Lake Building Code and Restrictions for single family residence do not apply to commercial lots.
It is defined as the distance from the centerline of the street to the nearest portion of the foundation eves not to exceed 30″.
- No dwelling shall be occupied unless connected to a county approved septic tank.
- No “out-house” permitted on any lot in Scott Lake.
- On lots abutting a lake or stream, septic tank and drain field must be located at least 100 feet from water line.
- Self-contained travel trailers must empty their tanks only in a county approved septic tank or receiving tank.
- No dumping of sewage on open ground or make shift tanks will be allowed.
- No lot shall be used or maintained as a dumping ground for rubbish, trash. Garbage and other waste shall be kept in sanitary containers. All incinerators or other equipment for storage or disposal of such material shall be kept in a clean and sanitary condition.
Upon petition to and recommendation of the Architectural Committee, the Board of Directors of Scott Lake Maintenance Company may grant a variance from the provisions of these restrictions, where, owing to a special condition, a literal enforcement of these provisions would result in unnecessary hardship, and the following conditions exist:
- That the minimum setback requirements are unreasonable or unduly arbitrary as applied to the use,
- That either a decrease in the minimum setback requirements would not adversely affect the surrounding property, or an increase is necessary in order to avoid adversely affecting surrounding property.
- That either the increase or decrease would clearly result in better site planning.
- No poultry, rabbits or livestock shall be kept or maintained on any lot,
- Lots must be maintained in a reasonably clean and sightly manner. It is the responsibility of the owners to care for their lots and plots therein, to kill, destroy and/or remove grass, weeks, rodents, predatory animals and any unsightly or obnoxious things; failure to comply may result in action necessary or desirable in the opinion of the Board of Directors of Scott Lake Maintenance Company to keep the property clean and in good order; and to make and collect all charges from owners.
- These restrictions and covenants are to run with the land and shall be binding on all parties and all persons claiming under them for a period of 25 years from the date these covenants and restrictions are recorded; after which time, they shall be automatically extended for successive periods of 10 years unless an instrument signed by a majority of the owners are recorded agreeing to changing said restrictions and covenants in whole or in part.